Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Colours/505 of Fall"


  Recently I have been ravishing over Sara Bareilles' newest album, entitled "Kaleidoscope Heart", from which, without a doubt, this blog's title more than likely originated.  While I'm not too positive that my roommates enjoy it as much as I do, especially when I enter "repeat" mode and decide to play the entire album over and over again until I have perfected each lyric with precise accuracy, there is much to ponder in her sweet-sung words.  There is no rhyme or reason as to why I feel like a young girl again when I listen to her music, but something makes me want to spin around the room on my tippy toes with a energy and girlish-twirls.  In her title song, she reveals a short message about the sweet colors of life, perhaps also implying that the energies that derive within us do not merely encapsulate reddish hues from the heart, but more that they make up a person with colorful individuality and vigor.
  With the eagerly-anticipated arrival of crisp Autumn, thoughts of color and vibrant earthy tones have consumed both my dress and mood.  Having experienced an extremely-intense humid summer without much rainfall, I am so happy Fall has arrived with whispers of gentle breezes and powerful spurts of rainy days.  I was excited to bring out my cooler clothes, and knowing that sweater season is just around the corner, the mere idea of combining summer/fall/winter accessories and textiles puts me in a refreshed mood.  There is so much to be paired; from bold, bright tank tops to soft, nude-colored sweaters and cardigans anything is a go this time of year!  Do not hold back the imagination or ideas- if you think it can work GO FOR IT.  There is absolutely nothing wrong in pairing bolds with soft tones, stripes with other patterned textiles or even wearing a summer-day dress with a pair of tights and a simple sweater.  Your mother may tell you it's that time of year again, to get out the storage bins and change your closet over... but there is no need!  Make the most of what you have, especially during these early fall months and use everything to its potential.  I'm a big fan of tights, and where there is an idea and an imagination there is a way.  In preparation for this upcoming winter, tights will not be out of style, as many people think upon knowing that they were a huge accessory last winter season.  Need I say more?  Ultimately, tights, bold colors from summer prints, and soft pastels from Spring collections will culminate a nice, trendy outfit at an affordable price.  
  There is one more necessary color factor for the Fall 2010 season that it an absolute must when considering looks for all occasions- NAIL COLOR.  When I was a young girl, ironically a tomboy who would much rather be included in a boy's pick-up game of kickball or rough-in-tumble flag football, I refused to have my nails painted, much less worry about painting a part of my body that would chip right off in the first five minutes of having them done.  I had neither the patience to sit and have them done, nor the willpower to end my nail-biting habit.  Thus, it took nearly fifteen year of my life to realize just how invigorating and individualizing nail polish is to every woman.  Not only does it show personality, but it also brings together any outfit with simplicity and charm.  
  These days nail polish defines the bane of my existence.  To my surprise, when I began working in the hospital where I am employed, I found out that nurses were allowed to have their nails painted as long as it was not chipped.  Piece of cake for me to follow if I was allowed to have them done!  Paired with those unisex scrub tops and bottoms, I find myself to have more pleasure and satisfaction in my work attire.  This season, I have fallen in love with Chanel's "505 Particulere" nail colour.  Not only does it compliment most any outfit, but it also masters matching perfection with just about any skin tone.  Natural enough to look professional and chic but just sexy and edgy enough for a night out on the town, this nail colour has won me over for this fall 2010 season.  
So, color color color is what I am focusing on during these early days of lazy fall.  Do not be fearful slipping into Summer's bold nature paired with dusty browns and nude beiges.  It is all about selection, individuality, and inspiration, and I am quite sure that this season's inspiration floats alongside that of colour, fantastic bold statements, and mixed-matched textiles of any design imaginable.  

1 comment: