Monday, November 15, 2010

"Project Turkey Part II"



So apparently I have my work cut out for me.  Let me just begin by saying this: Mom/Grandma/Nana and all other women of the world: I salute you for the accomplishment of an intimidating feat that you master every single year during these holiday months.  I never appreciated how much time and energy it takes to create such an edible Holiday centerpiece.  While everyone agrees that the best turkeys taste both tender and divine, I think most take for granted what we, the chefs, see as an unmatchable success.  So for all the years that I only nibbled at a few bites of pulled turkey drenched within a thicket of gravy, I now say THANK YOU!

A turkey roaster currently on loan from my grandmother's kitchen storage pantry.
Back in the kitchen today... instead of the flimsy foil pan that I purchased at the supermarket for 0.99 (which only yesterday I honestly thought would hold the turkey... dumb, I know)  it was suggested to me to use a real large (and I'm not exaggerating when I say large) turkey roaster.  Upon attempting to put it in my oven earlier this evening, I quickly realized I will not be able to use the lid while it bakes... because it is simply too big for our basic oven.  I have decided that I will just let it cook open to air until it turns a nice golden-brown color and throw tin-foil on top while the middle continues to roast.

As long it does not come out looking like this I will be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment